Infografics and Metrics in eLearning
E-Learning is an abbreviation of electronic learning. Literally e-learning can also be defined as a method of learning by using electronic. Marc j. Rosenberg an e-learning expert mentioned that e-learning as the technology use of the internet to deliver a range of solutions and information to improve knowledge and also performance.
More specifically, e-learning can mean learning methods are done remotely (distance learning), which is where the learning using e-learning does not need to be physically present to do the learning.
- E-learning cans us access online media i.e. using websites or offline that use the CD/DVD in your computer, laptop or other device electronics. With e-learning is the learning process of course become even more practical.
- The process of training staff with the use of e-learning can we do on a formal or informal, to a formal e-learning is usually applied by educational institutions, companies or other institutions.
- E-learning is usually a formal nature consists of curriculum, tests, and syllabus, subjects, which have been set and also compiled based on the agreed schedule of related parties.
- Learning e-learning such as the above are usually high level of interactions and are required by the company to employees.
- While informally can be done with a simple interaction through means such as mailing lists, e-newsletter or the with personal websites, as well as companies who want to socialize the service, program, knowledge, or the specific skills in the wider community.
With the method of e-learning training personal development participants can have full freedom in performing the process of learning. Participants determine what want and do not want to learn.
However, likened such as reading a book, participants should be aware that freedom owned should be balanced with a strong the willingness to learn. Because of the lack of a teacher or trainer who reminded, give feedback or no place to ask directly.
In principle the method of e-learning is the individual (end user), but based on the process of how to access them, participants who used e-learning can be classified into
- Individual members. Who is included in it are those who access the site through individual e-learning website
- Implementation of in education. Currently, there have been many educational institutions which implement e-learning methods in the process of his education. The use of e-learning in educational institutions of the time and also the efficiency factor of globalization.
- Globalization in education encourages the establishment of a wide range of cooperation between educational institutions both within the country and abroad. Cooperation could be the development of learning materials, remotely, exchange of teachers, provision of references/literature, exams, certifications, and other stuff. To support it certainly needed a means and the right medium, this is where e-Learning is needed.
- The efficiency of time and place is also a driving factor started the implementation of the e-learning method in some educational institutions all over the world. Efficiency both for the organizers, the parties in this case University, learning, school, courses, Training IT, Professional Development, as well as efficiency for participants.
- Companies or other institutions. The use of e-learning in order to improve the quality of HUMAN RESOURCES of the company usually based upon considerations of efficiency and effectiveness.
- With e-learning, companies with a large number of employees and has offices in several countries can hit the cost of training or training employees. Companies no longer need to bring employees into the Center, or send a trainer to branch offices to do the training.
- In addition, from the time of work, employee’s no longer need to allocate specific time is long enough for training or training.
Real Life of Example of John Batch
See the ease and benefits of belonging to e-learning so I decided to use e-learning methods in the process of learning outside of the classroom, I use from the service provider of e-learning, e-learning nowadays many developments, there are e-learning combined with gamification method.
All the experience of using e-learning methods, I feel the closeness and enthusiastic students I receive in the subject matter that I pass through e-learning be increased. In the virtual classroom (E-Learning), the interaction and communication between students in the classes I like on a conventional class, which is where all my students to be "free" to communicate with my friends and also to competitors, in responding to the material that I convey.
Students not only as recipients of learning modules, and then download it, then not know what to do next other than reading, required to be honest, this is often the case.
As long as I use the e-learning is usually the interaction and communication in the virtual classroom can only be done using text only, and sue me for creative in managing words can motivate students to be active in the class virtually. In line with the technological developments of the current e-learning not only text-based but includes similar to like a game and can also use the video.
When using e-learning, correct exam results daily, can easily be done using this method. Even to assess it is set by the system so much easier and efficient time.
The e-learning system which we choose, rightfully we optimize for help in easing us in carrying out duties as a teacher. Of the benefits and advantages of using e-learning methods can be drawn the conclusion as follows:
- Using e-learning methods can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the HUMAN RESOURCES in preparing well in the enterprise and thrifty in terms of expenditure.
- Could encourage the establishment of cooperation in the development of the material and the provision of reference materials.
- Increase the range of participants.
- A cool method of learning for students.
- Provides convenience in providing tasks at school if there is an obstacle that causes could not be pursued directly.