Benefits of Branched Scenarios
Branched scenarios are a form of narration through which learners can interact and make connections. That's the theory, but how would these branched scenarios become a valuable tool for you and your company? Well, they are intended to place learners in parts of issue solver, which would determine your employees to engage more and to find solutions for a series of problems, an approach which gives them the chance to utilise data in practical settings. Scenarios were introduced to help the learners gain knowledge and in order to really help the learners further in their day-to-day activity, many reality based situations are being used by the scenarios to give the learners the choice in terms of which path they want to follow.
Therefore they don’t focus on assumption, but on the implication that the interactivity employed by this method provides the learners with specific situations and they are obliged to counter it by selecting a variety of actions, which would come as an impulse for your employees' implication in the learning process. Moreover, it is a great environment for the trainee to learn and develop new skills as there is no chance of making any mistake, which allows them to brainstorm, understand the instructions and utilise their abilities.
What's the aim of the eLearning process? You could think of a variety of objectives which could be accomplished by using a series of methods, but one of them is to help your teams involved in the learning process to gain proficiency, so that they become experience students with a valid expertise in their work area, which can be accomplished through these branched scenarios.
They are divided into three parts:
- Firstly your trainee is being given three options (as per the custom), through which they have to select the finest option, with the other choices being either incorrect or not up to the mark. This selection is usually tricky in many ways.
- Then, they receive feedback which allows them to move ahead if the decisions made they have made is accurate. When the wrong choice is made by the trainees, they are being given more workshops and extra guidance before being permitted to continue.
- After this extra attention, trainees become very professional and the chance of making wrong decisions is almost none, and then they are allowed to proceed further with other circumstances that can be used in actual life.
Create a scenario
This is part of Interactive learning. There are a few steps which are essential in the process of making a branched scenario and you should be aware of them when you engage your teams in this method:
Learner in Control
It is a great approach to connect with learners, as they are provided with the opportunity to lead the program. Consider giving a progression of situations, so they can pick which one they need to do. It also includes a special reward for interacting with an extensive variety of learners in one program.
Real World Contexts
Take time for the preparation of the scenarios and consider the present reality settings for particular themes and issues being approached in the course. The preparation should address genuine difficulties in genuine circumstances that your particular learners are probably going to confront at work. Committing mistakes is an awesome chance to offer input to learners, so be sure to give a lot of solid guidance and reasonable proposals in the event if they require extra support. Moreover, these real world contexts are some benefits of online learning because they provide the students with a risk free context to develop some skills.
Branched Scenarios need to challenge the learner, by providing learners with basic leadership settings and a variety of decisions; they are allowed to rehearse their insight and abilities in a sheltered domain. The decision-making process winds up significantly, which is a valuable tool in your company day-to-day activity.
The beginning stage for any great branching scenario is a storyboard. A few people utilise a platform like PowerPoint and others prefer to use the ‘Project View’ in Elucidate, to make a visual storyboard that features the distinctive pathways learners can take. Elucidate offers a basic approach to structure an internet instructional class so you can design the branching points to be given. Anyway, always think of the particular challenges of your company before choosing a specific method.
Rather than composing a course that just tells your learner what great practice is, you should focus more on planning courses that request the learners to respond to difficulties and show where their reactions lead. If they require some additional support, you can work in "information" pages.
Keep in mind!
- In a nutshell, Branched Scenarios are a powerful approach to connect with learners through difficulties that give a system to securely practice their abilities and information.
- Scenarios direct your teams towards critical thinking exercises that can help change conduct and enhance results.
- Enjoy the benefits of this method by using the feature of our learning experience platform: https://www.knolyx.com/features.